• Lost wages
• Lost jobs
• Unfair Competition
• Fewer New Songs Recorded
• Fewer Resources To Develop New Distribution Methods
• Publishers Not Wanting To License Their songs
And It Drives Legal Karaoke Hosting Services Out Of Business.
ALL of the ads on Ebay, Craigslist and similar sites that are offering
pre-loaded hard drives or CAVS machines are operated by criminals. Plain
and simple, piracy is stealing. It is illegal to sell or to buy such systems,
with statutory fines running into the millions of dollars.
Sound Choice receives dozens of leads each month and is dedicated to acting
on each one we receive. We evaluate every lead that comes in—and while
we can't always communicate what we are doing with the leads for legal reasons,
please know that each lead is taken very seriously and acted upon.
So what happens when you report Karaoke music piracy?
• Your lead is received by a team of individuals or sent to our private
investigators who respond. We may send out an investigator to check out
the allegedly illegal karaoke host to gather more information.
• Education - A letter may be sent to the company, individual or Karaoke
Host stating that they have been reported for allegedly copying, selling
or using Sound Choice Karaoke music in an unauthorized manner.
• A secret shopper may make a purchase from the company that was reported
if it was a reseller.
• The individual who submitted the lead may be contacted for further
information/evidence (obtaining an invoice, or the Karaoke music).
• If the gathered evidence regarding the company supports the claim
of piracy, a cease and desist letter may be sent.
• The evidence developed may also be used in a legal proceeding against
the reported company.